I have been reading so much on Pinterest on natural ways to better clean your home. I searched the blogosphere and pulled some of my favorite to share!
Rub it on dulled copper, rinse with water, and polish clean with a soft rag.
Douse the spot with white wine and blot with a clean rag to absorb the spill.
Just slice open a lemon, rub the lemon on the faucet and rinse!
Hydrogen Peroxide, a magical cleaner!!
Wonderful for cleaning windows, mirrors, toilets and bathtubs, replace the cap with a spray bottle head but keep the liquid in its dark container or it will lose its powers!! Just spray on and wait 30 seconds for the streaking to go away and for your windows or mirrors to sparkle!
It also is the best fountain cleaner of all time. Green, murky fountain water will transform to crystal clear in 24 hours. Because hydrogen peroxide turns into oxygen within 24 hours its safe for the wildlife!
Before you begin, double check that the bottle of hydrogen peroxide is a 3% solution. Anything higher and you've accidentally stumbled into purchasing industrial strength and it is NOT safe for your mouth. As with most things teeth related, check with your dentist (because I'm not one) before letting children under the age of 12 use this solution and discontinure if you experience any discomfort or redness in your gums. There are all the same warnings you'll find on any theeth whitening product.
- Brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste
- Rinse with a diluted solution of hydrogen peroxide for 30-60 seconds. There are dilution directions on the bottle, but is is usually half water and half hydrogen peroxide. When the hydrogen peroxide comes in contact with your mouth, a chemical reaction will take place and it will begin to foam. Start by swishing with a small amount so you don't end up foaming at the mouth and scare your roommates into thinking you have a plague.
- Spit out the rinse, do not swallow hydrgoren peroxide
- Don't eat or drink for 30 minutes
- Again, I am not a dentist, but according to my dentist (who is, in fact, a dentist), if you follow the previous directions this can be done every day.
- For whiter whites, add one cup of hydrgoen peroxide to a load of white laundry
- To prevent wilting, spray a mixture of 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 cup water on lettuce, drain, cover and refrigerate
- Kill weeds by spraying with hydrogen peroxide
Clean the grout on your floors!!
Here are two cleaner recipes for cleaning very dirty floors!
- 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap, 1/4 cup baking soda, 2 gallons tap water, very warm
- 7 cups water, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup vinegar for-the-home
Its smells heavenly, and avoids exposure to toxic chemicals
Clean your silver!!
Line your sink with aluminum foil, add 1/2 cup table salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, fill with hot water. Put in all your silver and let sit for 30 minutes, while the tarnish transfers to the foil!
Protect your marble!!
Clapham's Salad Bowl Finish- typically used as a food-safe coating on unfinished wood- adds luster to honed marble and granite, and boosts their resistance to water spots. Its butter-like beeswax formula is easy to apply. About $20 for 8 ounces.
I am busy trying these tips at my house!! Let me know how they work for you!!!Till next Monday!! xo Leslie
Come see us at the Segreto Boutique!!! 1414 Antoine m-f 9-5. Unmarked house across from St Regis School!!!
To subscribe to the Segreto Blog click here.